Friday, March 13, 2009

D's Quilt Progress and A Question!

Yesterday I finished the backing for D's quilt. What do you think?? The green flannel was a little too short, so I had to add some extra fabric, which I had wanted to do anyway. I also did the sandwich yesterday, so I just have the quilting part to go!

I also started a new quilt last weekend while visiting my parents. It's a disappearing 9 patch. Are there really any rules to making this? In the first picture, I have them put in random places. In the second picture, I kind of kept the 9 patches together. What do you think?? Do you think I should make the center always be the yellow too (little squares)? It will be the binding as well... Thanks for your help!!









5 comments:

jenifer said...

my advice-- go RANDOM. it seems to me that random always looks better and it's so much easier.

AND, seriously, if you use sullivan's quilt basting spray, it will change your life. it's amazing!! seriously.

MandMStudio said...

Lovely squares:)

Nanette Merrill said...

This is really cute. Just the way it is. Love it.

Kelly O. said...

I wouldn't use a rhyme or reason. It'll stress you out and random does seem to look amazing when it's all done.

Wendy said...

I like these best when the center square is the same on the 9 patch - before its cut up - just to have all the little square the same fabric gives the eye a bit of a rest, yet its still random. love that yellow print your using!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...