Friday, March 13, 2009

The Mother's Day Project

I finally started (and finished) the project I had received from The Mother's Day Project. I contacted Anne by e-mail to let her know I was interested in contributing. She then sent me a name and information on how to sew it. It was so easy (all you need is a needle, thread and a hoop), so if you're interested, be sure and let her know!

The name I received was Keicia M. Hines. After doing a little search, I learned a little bit about her. She died in 2004 after being hit by a vehicle on an airbase in Iraq. She was 27 years old and married to a man named Sean. From the picture, you can tell that she was a very beautiful woman!

I am doing this to honor her and her service for our country. I can't imagine being away from my husband like she was. She was very brave and I am thankful for her. I pray that her husband will be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for supporting and honoring our troops.

Jan said...

I did this last year. It made me feel good to do something to honor our service women. I was disappointed that the program changed mid-stream, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...