Friday, February 20, 2009

2 Quilt Tops

I have just finished my second quilt top. The zigzag bubble gum top measures 43" x 32". I was following Sew, Mama Sew's doll quilt sew along, but doing it my way--here is a zig zag tutorial I just found that looks different than the one I used. I think it ended up being a good size and will be cute. I haven't done the backing yet since I want to do one kind of like this.

I finished D's quilt top on Sunday in class. I think it turned out cute and will fit in his crib and future toddler bed. I noticed that it covered me when I was sitting with it earlier too. The top measures 54" x 66". I will do a similar backing for it. He still loves his first quilt too!

This is how he looked this afternoon while I was working. Thankfully, he was having a GREAT nap! Notice that his finger are poking through the holes in the blanket at the top right. So cute.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it! The zig zag pattern is just awesome! How are you going to quilt it?

Sherry said...

Kama, APPLAUSE!!! Very good! You know, I really need to get someone to go fabric shopping with me and break me out of my same old more of the same old mold.

I love the colors and prints in both of your quilts.

Can't wait to see the back when it get it ready.

erica e said...

these both look great! i especially like the zig zag one! great colors and design! and what a sweet little guy you have! i love sleeping babies.

Susan In Texas said...

Lovely quilt tops. I really like the rick-rack one. I haven't seen one like it before.

Susan
http://www.susanintexas.blogspot.com

Nancy G said...

Wow...look at you! Looks like your having a lot of fun too! Beautiful, beautiful baby.

Millie said...

I love both quilts. The sig zag quilt looks like a fun pattern to make. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Have a great week end.

nettie said...

love both quilts! your zigzags look great. i love the bright colors!

i need to do som flying geese, i really like them in your second quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...