Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Joyful Foundation

Yesterday, my church hosted The Joyful Foundation's Blankets of Kindness. Some local women (and men) came together to make blankets for terminally ill people. I took my sewing machine and was seated in the final step--top stitching the blanket together (which made me really nervous). My machine was giving me trouble, so someone suggested I change my needle. (I have had this machine for over a year and never changed the needle.) Lo and behold, it solved my problem and I was able to help sew quite a few blankets together. I was there for 4 hours and when I left, we had just completed the 45th blanket. They were pretty cute! Here are some pictures from the event (sorry my camera's flash didn't make it bright enough).
After this, I was in a sewing mood, so I came home and finished putting together the strips for D's quilt. I think it's going to end up looking great!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow 45 Blankets! That's awesome! I just started quilting and I'm loving it I could really use a class or 2! Love your quilt for your son!

;-)
Brooke

Unknown said...

what an amazing thing to do! i bet you had a blast. the quilt is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love D's quilt! U are gonna carry this quilt making business into your nephews right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...