Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wal-Mart Fabric Section

Did you hear that some Wal-Marts are getting rid of their fabric section? I went in today and found their fabric marked half price. I was in need of some basics for quilting, so I picked up 30 bolts of fabric I liked and ended up getting half a yard of each. Some of them I got a yard of--if I REALLY liked them. I think this will help grow my stash.

I also went to IKEA yesterday and got some fabric for $.99 a yard! The red with white is a little nicer, so it was $2.99 a yard, but I really liked it. Now I've just got to pick a quilt to start working on. I'm thinking of doing this one next: CRUMBS.

I also plan to make this doll quilt from Sew, Mama, Sew! I don't know how to sandwich the quilt, quilt it and put the binding on, so this tutorial should really help me to learn that (on my own). Can't wait!!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I love me my Walmart fabric! I stop by the scrap bins every time I go just to see if I can find a treasure! I can't stand paying full price for fabric :) I know you get that! I love the red from Ikea, too! Looks like you got a lot of good colors - the range of the rainbow! I always get too many red/pink and blue ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...