Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thrifty Thursday

I have done a little traveling while I lived in Mexico and Spain. I have also been to El Salvador and Costa Rica for vacation. There are tons of ways to save money in Spanish-speaking countries and I'd like to share those on Thursdays. I also would like to share my deals for the week (if I have any). If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment!
I have not traveled with a child (since I'm pregnant with our first). While I lived in Mexico, I learned that it was way cheaper to buy where the locals buy instead of going to Wal-Mart or another chain. That meant I would head to the market on market day. What an adventure--tons of people, crowded areas, crazy smells and sights, and pick-pockets. Just make sure that you know what you're looking for and what "section" it might be in. Vegetables are the best to buy here cheap! Even if you're visiting for vacation, make sure you check out the local market just to experience it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...