I had a good idea to make my family members potholders for Christmas so that I could practice quilting now. I'd love to do some stipling on the 2 quilt tops that I have finished, but I don't want to just jump in there and do it! So I got a few potholders ready and started. Then I tore out the quilting...twice. I then thought it looked okay, so I tried to bind it...and tore it out once! What a pain these little things ended up being. I haven't even finished the first one I started. I thought it was such a good idea and now I can't stand to look at these tiny time-consumers (besides the fact that I think they look kind of funny)!!