Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Stockings Were Hung By the Chimney With Care...

This week, I had ended all my other projects, so decided to tackle making our stockings. This has been on my list for a long time, but other stuff just kept getting in the way! I love how they turned out (especially mine). I used this tutorial except I added a 4" top since Dad thought they needed a little extra height. Plus I quilted them and sewed our names on with embroidery thread. The backs look pretty much the same except no name and different fabrics.

I asked Dad what kind of quilting he wanted on his and he said diamonds. To do this, I used 2" masking tape. It made life much easier, but it still took quite a long time to do this!

Since we don't know Baby #2's gender, I did not make him/her one. I got this tiny stocking at our recent Christmas tea and it seemed to work perfectly. I wanted Dietrich's stocking to look like a boy, so I chose denim and lots of boy prints. Then I just did a squiggle free motion quilting in lime green thread. It is also lined in a lime green fabric.

For my stocking, I decided to be adventurous and try some free motion swirls while quilting. I love how it turned out!! I lined it with pink gingham fabric.

These were relatively easy to make, especially if you don't quilt them.

Our mantel

Guess I should have some Christmas greenery on there, but I didn't do much/any decorating really this year!

1 comment:

craft-crazed said...

I give you 2 thumbs up kama! Dont over stuff jingle jangles :) haha


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...